Date of effect: July 2020
“We”, Dear South Africa (Dear SA®), manage the website https://dears.africa/ (the “service”).
This page is to provide you with information regarding the gathering, use and disclosure of personal data whenever you make use of our service.
We make use of your data to provide a better service. By making use of our service you agree to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this policy.
Collection and Use of Information:
We collect different types of information for various purposes. This is to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected:
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, e-mail address, mailing address. Users may however visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if the voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain cite related activities.
Non-personal identification information:
We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of Connection to our Site. This includes the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We may furthermore collect information regarding how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the page of our Service which you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data:
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and then stored on your device. Further tracking technologies which are used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service to you.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. It is important to note that if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use certain portions of our Web Service.
Examples of Cookies used by us:
- Session Cookies – these are used to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies – these are used to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies – which are used for security purposes.
Use of Data:
Dear SA® uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To provide user care and support.
- To monitor the usage of the Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To respond to queries.
- To verify your identity.
- To invite you to events that we host, arrange or sponsor.
- To send you updates regarding our latest projects and/or campaigns
Transfer of Data:
Your information (including Personal Data), may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside South Africa and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to South Africa and process it there.
Disclosure of Data:
Dear SA® may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Protect and defend the rights of property of DearSA;
- Prevent or Investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- Protect against legal liability.
Disclosure of personal information:
We are not in the business of selling personal information and therefore we will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- We may for marketing purposes disclose or transfer your personal information to our agencies.
- It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our services. We will obviously need to disclose your personal information to employees of ours who require it to do their jobs.
- We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
- There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
Security of Data:
The security of your data is of utmost importance to us. It is however important that you remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How we protect your information:
Dear SA® adopts appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices and security measures to prevent unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site.
In addition, these sites, or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product, or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys.
We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes if you have given us your permission.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Access to Information
You have a right to request access to information we have of you as User. We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process about you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask of you to verify your identity. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically unless the request expressly specifies otherwise. For any subsequent access request, we may charge an administrative fee.
Information Correction and Deletion
If you believe that the information that we have about you is incorrect you are welcome to contact us so that we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for purposes specified above will be deleted. If at any point you wish for Dear SA® to delete information about you, you can contact us with the details below.
Objection to use
You have the right to object to the processing of personal information for the purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics. You may request that your personal information not be used for the above purposes. A request of this nature can be denied on the following grounds:
- There are demonstrable and compelling legal grounds for the processing of personal information that ignore the individual’s interests, rights and freedoms;
- The processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
Please contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that Dear SA® has about you;
- Correct any information that Dear SA® has about you;
- Delete any information that Dear SA® has about you;
Our contact details are:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org